Should You Ban Social Media In The Workplace?
November 12, 2013
While this may have been done in the name of productivity, here are five reasons this is actually counterproductive to a salesperson’s success.
1. LinkedIn is a fantastic social media network for making connections, lead generations and referrals. Banning LinkedIn immediately cuts off one resource that can generate success. In fact, the best sales people use LinkedIn each day for client attraction. ← Click To Tweet
2. Your prospects and clients are all on social media. You want to station yourself in as many places as you can to attract new customers.
3. Social media networks are also great tools to see how people are reviewing your products and services. By blocking a network like Twitter, you immediately lose touch with your customer’s opinion about you.
4. Social media is now the best reference check tool for hiring purposes.
5. Selling, by nature, is all about your ability to be social with a customer. If you’re not searchable, talking, and active on social media, your prospects will assume you’re irrelevant.
Do you think social media should be allowed in the workplace? I’d love to hear your opinion!