When professional athletes are practicing, the word “hustle” gets yelled out by many coaches who want to get the most out of their players.
It’s true. Hustle can make the difference between an average player and a top producer. The same concept is applicable to salespeople.
The word hustle reminds me of a salesperson I met a few years ago who had his sales go up 200% in a slow year for his industry. While his competitors were barely surviving, he was thriving. He attests his success to his hustle and outworking the rest of his industry.
I decided to come up with a list of things YOU can do, regardless of your market, industry, or how poor the economy is.
- Reach out to your current client database at least twice per month with a value based, content rich newsletter – paper based or email.
- Attend at least 1 networking event per week.
- Ask for referrals at least once per day.
- Follow up on your leads at least 7 times by email and 7 times by phone before you give up.
- Prospect each day to keep your funnel full. A full funnel is one full of opportunities totaling 300% of your goal.
- Attend trade shows regularly and follow up with the leads within 24 hours
- Make 5 more prospecting calls each day.
- Implement a reactivation campaign to win back lost customers. <– Click To Tweet
- Revise your goals for the month, quarter, and year.
- Talk to your five best customers. Ask them to evaluate your situation and make suggestions for new markets.
- Get a coach or a mentor. Invest in a live training program and network with other professionals for a new perspective.
- Get to work an hour before everyone else and be as productive as possible.
- Stay away from the complainers.
- Spend 15 minutes before you start work reading materials that focus on developing your positive attitude.
- Record your live presentations. Review them with a manager, a superstar colleague, or your coach. Take notes and implement new ideas immediately.
This may seem like an extensive list, but these are just a few ideas that I put together at the top of my head. There is no end to the number of things you can do to produce more positive results in your sales and in your business.
Just remember, for every moment you waste there is someone else with a similar product or service that is snatching up your potential clients.
Stay on top of your sales game! Get your copy on Nonstop Sales Boom today!