As you’ve read before, RainToday is a great partner of ours with a specific focus on selling services. They’ve got great resources that I encourage you to take advantage of – including some
from me 🙂 New for 2011, RainToday has generously agreed to share their brand new report on selling consulting services with the Engage community. Here are the details:
Boy, have the days of selling services changed.
In the old days…
- Repeat business and referrals were enough to drive firm growth.
- There were very few consultants and services providers who did exactly what you do.
- LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, webinars, blogs… didn’t even exist.
- Providing great service and results led to more business.
- ‘Sales’ was a dirty word. You didn’t need to do much selling to win clients.
- Practices were packed with business. (Think back before 2007.)
- Then came the “new” old days (think March 2009)
- Practices were scrambling to survive.
- Clients were going out of business or cutting back.
- Price pressure was rampant.
To learn how to best position yourself in the new selling environment in 2011, download the complimentary report The New Rules of Selling Consulting Services in 2011.
Additionally, I just found out that Mike Schultz and the RainToday team are reopening enrollment for their highly-touted online learning program, Selling Consulting Services with RAIN Selling for two weeks only on Monday, January 17. You can check the program out at: www.sellingconsultingservices.com if you are interested.
Regardless of what you chose to do, don’t forget to download the complimentary report The New Rules of Selling Consulting Services in 2011.
That’s it for now!