Faced with the dreaded pricing objection? Here are some of my favorite and most effective responses. If you have other ideas that work please post a comment. It would be great to know what works for you.
Responses as questions:
- How much too high is it?
- I guess that means we are never going ahead?
- Is price your only consideration?
- Are you making the decision based only on price?
- Sounds like you have seen something in the market at a better price?
- I appreciate your honesty. What does too high mean?
- How much did you want to pay?
- Does knowing we are not the lowest mean there is never a chance we can do business together?
Responses as statements
- Sounds like you