In sales, our focus is often set on making the next sale.
But, our current client base should never be neglected for the sake of closing another deal Always nurture and build relationships within your current customer base. You want to keep them happy because not only does it feel good to deliver quality to your clients, but they will also be more likely to refer you to others, which helps drive more sales for your business.
As I see it, all customers want the same 13 things from you. Accomplish them all and you will develop a loyal profitable customer who will refer you to everyone they know:
- Customers desire to be important
- Customers crave to be appreciated
- Customers are interested in themselves most
- Customers want success and happiness for themselves
- Customers want to be listened to
- Customers will not trust unless they feel valued
- Customers want to be understood
- Customers build a natural rapport with people who have shared interests
- Customers are drawn to those who show genuine interest in them
- Customers want to associate with those who can help them
- Customers buy emotionally and defend logically
- Customers will spend more money to feel safe
- Customers will pay a premium when it makes them feel special
The common thread in this list is a need for understanding, communication and value. Your clients want to feel like they genuinely matter to you and your business. It’s important that you keep this list in mind during your day-to-day operations so you can ensure that your customers are not being neglected!
Remember sellers, client acquisition means very little if your client retention is failing. ← Click To Tweet
If you gain one customer but lose two in the process, you’re in a less desirable situation than you previously were. Make a point to deliver quality and value to your current client base and your sales will take care of themselves!
Are you looking for more strategies for client success? My new book Nonstop Sales Boom is now available!