Cold calling can be tough for salespeople to master. The rejection, the awkwardness, and the flat out rudeness turn many people off from truly trying to create success with their sales calls.
However, if you follow a few steps, you’ll be sure to get the most out of your calls and maximize your chances for success.
Here are 6 simple steps you should consider taking note of:
- Know who you are calling and be able to ask for them by name.
- Research the company you are prospecting in order to have a relevant discussion about their business.
- Develop an honest sales technique to engage with prospects.
- Script out your opening line and write down 2 questions you want to ask on the call, should you get someone on the line.
- Prepare in advance for voice mail. What will you say if the machine picks up?
- Anticipate a likely objection and know what your answer will be, in advance.
These steps seem fairly obvious, but far too many salespeople make sales calls without doing their homework. They simply pick up the phone, dial a number and hope for the best.
Think about it, by knowing exactly who you are calling, as well as doing research about their company to see what their needs are, you can keep their interest by having a relevant conversation with them. By approaching them with honesty and integrity and preparing for the call, you will be less likely to fumble. By knowing and anticipating possible objections, you can put their hesitations to rest quickly and easily.
Remember, the best way to create success with your calls is by investing time in getting to know your prospect. ← Click To Tweet
Follow through with the steps outlined above and you will fast track your way to greater results with your sales calls.
What’s one tip you would provide to someone struggling with their sales calls?
For more strategies to create increased success with your sales calls, check out The Sales Accelerator.